People can procrastinate about many things, but especially pleasure. After all, it’s easy to block out time for a favorite TV show, video game or social media, right? For the next month, deliberately set aside time in your busy day to spend pleasuring your senses. Take the 30 Day Challenge for Pleasure!
They say it takes 30 days to form a new habit – so start a new routine for yourself! Increase your capacity for pleasure in life; download the printable PDF challenge calendar below.
A 30 Day Challenge for Pleasure
Allow time each day to pleasure your senses. This is for you, even if you have a partner. Slow down and think about what you enjoy. This can be whatever pleasure means to you, for example:
• Sight: Looking at trees blowing in the breeze
• Smell: Take in the sweet scent of flowers
• Taste: A cup of tea or a flavorful cheese or chocolate
• Sound: Enjoy the birds outside, or a piece of music
• Touch: Stroke a piece of fabric, or of course, you could choose your own body
• Conceptual Thought: Read a sensual book or piece of poetry (or watch a DO video online!) Do something that pleasures your mind.
Choose one or several of the different categories above for each day.
Spend one minute on Day 1, and build by one minute every day.
Mix and match your senses!
Print the downloadable calendar and use it to track your progress.
You can also write notes on the calendar about what you did on each day.